Suing the defendant in a personal injury claim
– that’s the most popular way to be compensated for an injury that wasn’t your fault.
But it’s not the only option.
Depending on the nature of your injury or your situation, you might be entitled to compensation from other sources.
Here is a list of schemes that you might be able to make a claim from:
Other Sources Of Personal Injury Compensation
• If your injuries were caused by a crime, you can make a claim for criminal injuries compensation
• Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
can be claimed for a range of industrial diseases including asbestosis, asthma and vibration white finger.
• If you developed HIV while being treated for haemophilia, you may be entitled to compensation
• If you have suffered due to vaccination problems, you may be entitled to a payment
These are just a few examples – there may be other schemes you are eligible for.
Even if you can’t make a compensation claim in the usual way, there may be other options out there that you don’t know about. If you have an injury, get in touch with a solicitor with experience in personal injury law.
They’ll advise you about the range of options that are available to you.
That’s it for our guide on how to make a personal injury claim in Northern Ireland!
We hope you got some value from it and if you have any questions, you are welcome to get in touch!